I just heard from Kirsi that she received already today my stitched mailart. So here are the pictures of what I have stitched for this exchange.
This being my first mailart exchange it wasn't easy for me to decide on the shape and material for the envelope, but I think I did a quite good job.
The fabric is a 30ct. linen from Weberei Wedding in the color "maize" that I then over-dyed in a brown dye bath to give it a nice aged look.
The threads are regular DMC threads except for the brown thread I used for the alphabet. That one, and the one a gave to Kirsi as a gift, I dyed myself in the same dye bath as the fabric.
Here is a better picture of the over-dyed floss that I attached to the peacock thread keeper.
The idea for the thread keeper came while I was stitching the envelope. I knew I had those big eyelets and I thought they'd be perfect for this purpose.
The fabric for the thread keeper is a small model piece of upholstery fabric.
I love to stitch on unconventional fabrics and I do quite a bit of my own projects on whatever fabric is can find around the house.
Thank you Kirsi, for this wonderful exchange. I love the envelope I received from you and I enjoyed stitching this one very much.
This being my first mailart exchange I hope I will have the chance to do many more as I really like to stitch these.